Planning your visit
We want to make sure your visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible:
- Our staff will give visitors extra space and we encourage visitors to respect others’ space.
- We support staff and visitors who would like to continue wearing face coverings in the museum, but this is optional.
- We will monitor numbers to ensure the museum does not become too crowded.
- We will maintain increased cleaning in public areas.
If you do have symptoms of coronavirus or you have tested positive for Covid-19, please do not visit the museum.
Open from 28 March – 2 October 2022:
Monday - Friday: 10am - 5pm
Saturday: 11am - 4pm
Sunday: 1pm - 4pm
Arbeia will be closed to the public from 3 October 2022 - 27 March 2023, except for school groups who have pre booked workshops and pre booked groups.
During your visit
- Find out about accessibility at the museum.
- Time Quest is currently closed.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnics and other refreshments and eat them on our lawn or in our picnic area.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome on the fort site. Arbeia is a World Heritage Site so we insist dog owners observe our guidelines. Click here to read our Guidelines for dog-owners visiting Arbeia. Assistance dogs can accompany their owner at all times.
- Find out more about our exhibitions and events.
Schools and voluntary educational groups
- If you are looking to make a school or college group booking please contact the Learning team email@example.com who will be able to discuss your visit requirements directly with you.
Help us ensure art, culture & heritage continue to make a positive impact in our region.
Donate today. Thank you.